Makeup, Not Cake-up!
Stay fresh with the perfect summer beauty regimen
- 1. Skip the foundation
- Skip the foundation and opt for a tinted moisturizer instead, preferably one with an SPF. The sheer formula will give you a warm summer glow without the mess. A natural looking cream blush or bronzer will play up already sun-kissed cheeks, and you’re set!
- 2. Brighten up your eyes without overdoing it.
- Heavy liners and dark shadows can be a real disaster under the sun, and a softer look will keep you looking fresh all day long. Start by sweeping a sheer layer of loose powder across the eyelid, as this area is prone to get oily. Use a soft liner right along the lash line to create definition and one coat of mascara to make eyes pop. Night on the town? Apply a hot metallic shade on the inside corners of your eyes to give them a fuller, brighter look.
- 3. Get full, shiny lips.
- Summer is all about simplicity, so ditch your heavy lipsticks and liners. Keep your pout looking pretty with sheer glosses in pinks, corals and nude tones. The hint of color brightens your look while keeping your lips soft and sultry.
- 4. The trick to great summer makeup is keeping it to a minimum.
- The key to an effortless, carefree look is within a few simple steps. Be sure to always use oil-free products that will battle sweat and shine to keep you looking radiant.
Nothing ruins a fabulous summer day more than smeary, runny makeup. When the heat is on, less is more.