Story Number 3
Work out without going to the gym
You don’t need a personal trainer or a lot of money to get fit and healthy
- 1. Get your groove on
- Dancing at home for 30 minutes can give you a great workout and put a smile on your face! Get the kids involved and blow off some steam before dinner. It might help them work up an appetite, too!
- 2. Turn on the tube
- Sit on an exercise ball while watching your favorite show. This engages your abdominal muscles and improves your posture. During commercial breaks, up the intensity by doing some push-ups, sit-ups or jumping jacks.
- 3. Shop and shed
- Do a lap around the mall before committing to a store. This will give you a workout and give you a good look at all the sales! Or park on the opposite side of your destination and enjoy the walk.
- 4. Garden for great gams
- It might seem strange, but gardening is a great way to get plenty of exercise. You’ll definitely feel it in your legs the next day! For a more advanced workout, do a squat for every weed you pull.
- 5. Play
- Spend some quality time with your kids and play a game of tag, catch or Simon Says. Simon says jog in place, do jumping jacks or the twist. You’ll all reap the benefits in more ways than one!
- 6. Stairway to strength
- Take the stairs instead of the usual elevator! It’s a great way to fit a little cardio and strength training into your workday. Descending stairs in high heals is a great way to strengthen your core. Be sure to keep your tummy tucked in for optimum abdominal conditioning.
This entry was posted in Beauty Tips
. Bookmark the permalink