Get creative and save your cash
You work hard for your money, and whether you have a little or a lot, the last thing you want to do is waste it. Check out these easy ways to save, even if it’s just a few dollars at a time.
• Use less dishwasher and laundry detergent. You only need 2/3 of the “suggested” amount.
• Make meals that you can freeze and reheat a couple weeks later, like soup or chili.
• Research free events and entertainment in your area.
• Become very familiar with your local library. They carry a lot more than books, and it’s totally free!
• Cut back on any “addictive” behaviors you might have. Whether it’s smoking, coffee, lottery tickets or tabloids, you’d be shocked at how much money these seemingly small expenditures gobble up.
• Things you usually throw away often make great art supplies – bottle caps, newspapers, fabric from old clothes, toilet paper rolls, etc.